Originally a local from Collingwood, Dr. Mike has spent a few years away, graduating
from Queen’s University in 2011 with dual degrees in Biology and Phys-Ed and
moving on to complete chiropractic college in Toronto in 2015. Having recently
moved home from a 6 year “sabbatical” in Victoria, BC, Mike is thrilled to be joining
the talented team and thriving community at Active Life Conditioning.
Growing up, Mike was a multisport athlete racing mountain bikes, cross country
skiing/biathlon, rugby, volleyball and golf but his true passion was freestyle
snowboarding, which took him to the international stage. Following a series of
concussions Mike decided to retire early and turn his passion for training, sports
and healthy living into a career as a chiropractor.
Mikes approach to patient care involves getting to the root of the problem by
performing a detailed history, a movement based physical exam and treatment
planning based on the individual’s goals and the best available research. Treatments
include spine and extremity manipulations/mobilizations, various soft tissue
therapies (Graston, Cupping, fascial manipulation), contemporary acupuncture and
exercise prescription. Mike understands the burden of injury and strives to help
reduce pain, restore function and return to performance as fast as possible.
Favorite quote: “A fool pulls the leaves. A brute chops at the trunk. A sage digs
the roots” – Lorn Au Arcos
Favorite food: Mom’s homemade lasagna!
Favorite sport: These days its about the risk x reward x fitness axis. That said,
surfing, mountain biking, snowboarding and golf are my top.
Favorite workout song: This is constantly changing but lately I’m on that
soul/R&B/disco vibe: The O’Jays- Love Train, The Emotions-Best of my Love
or pretty much anything from Marvin Gaye
Favorite place to visit: Sombrio Beach on South Vancouver Island
Favorite outdoor workout in Collingwood area: It’s been a minute but I can’t
wait to explore the updated mountain bike trails!
Favorite exercise: These days looking for the minimum effective dose: KB
swings, Turkish Get-ups, or barbell snatch for that high skill thrill.
Certifications, Special Interests, Publications
– Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) “A” Certified
– Modern Manual Therapy Eclectic Approach Upper and Lower Quadrant
Assessment and Treatment
– Functional Range Conditioning (FRC) Certified Mobility Specialist
– Kettlebells for Clinicians
– Chronic Pain Diagnosis and Management for Healthcare Providers
– Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) Certified
– Contemporary Medical Acupuncture for Health Professionals Certified
– Sports Chiropractic: Diagnosis and Management of Extremity Conditions
– Active Release Technique (lapsed)
– Athletic Taping (kinesiotape, leukotaping, athletic taping)
– Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (lapsed)
– Crossfit Level 1 Certification
– Perceptions and Physical Activity Habits in Students at CMCC. Journal of the
Canadian Chiropractic Association; (2015).
ALC Therapy Rates
|60 minute Treatment||$120|
|45 minute Treatment||$95|
|30 minute Treatment||$75|
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH DR. MIKE.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE TRYING TO BOOK 12 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR DESIRED APPOINTMENT TIME OUR ONLINE SYSTEM WILL NOT ALLOW IT. PLEASE CALL YVONNE AT 705-888-6337 TO BOOK A LAST MINUTE APPOINTMENT.